CoinDesk released their 2018 State of Blockchain report, summarizing key trends, data and events in the Blockchain industry in 2017.
- After uncertainty around fork ends, Bitcoin’s price breaks free and topples multiple milestones. Meanwhile, BTC dominance shrinks to all-time lows.
- Bitcoin fees increase dramatically. While Coinbase hits #1 app on iTunes, it and all exchanges struggle to cope with demand.
- $3.23bn for ICOs and $200mn for VC. However, forks were the largest token generating event of the year with $44bn created.
- CME & Cboe launch with high interest but low volume. Large traders shorted and small traders longed.
- Sentiment Survey: 81% did not go into debt to buy crypto. Of those that did, 52% already paid it back. 94% check prices at least every day.
- Key metrics up across public blockchains.